POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: bluetree
Date: 30 Jun 2008 16:45:00
Message: <web.486945929e3373f36d242240@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
>
> > I'm not sure what TES is.
>
> The Elder Scrolls. Series of RPGs from Bethesda. The earlier ones were
> notoriously buggy, but they've got better.

Perhaps that might help you also:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.php
I'm not sure, if I could talk of an awesome storyline, but the scenery is such
beautiful and all things you can do... that's awesome! :-)

> Of the to I've played - Morrowind and Oblivion, I prefered Morrowind. The
> story in Oblivions didn't feel quite as compelling and I was getting quite
> tired of it towards the end.
>
> > I'm into anything with a good story, from Myst
> > to Thief to HL. Otherwise, just slaying horsed of monsters doesn't hold
> > my attention.
> You may enjoy the Elder Scrolls series. You should be able to pick up
> Morrowind cheapish. Be warned, the game world is huge and it's very open.
> Once you get through the character creation, you can go anywhere and do
> anything. It's easy to get in over your head and it's easy to get confused
> as to where to go and what to do.

And the best way, there are a lots of side quests , which provides you with a
lot of weapons, scrolls... you don't have to follow the main quest first...
just enjoy the environment... (and collect herbs, go hunting, fishing,
diving...). You can join some guilds and work your way up to their master.
(There are very good mods, which give you quests, when you acchieve the master
title.)
I also prefer Morrowind. I can't describe it very well, but it was "more alive",
also when people in Oblivion look more like real persons and got individual
behaviours.

> Oblivion's much the same, but the game world is a little smaller (not much).
> If you decide to play Oblivion, there's a few mods that I consider
> near-essential for a fun game. Bethesda made some odd decisions about how
> things work by default.

But it has a wonderful magical world, which is quite strange and because of that
fascinating. (I missed that in Oblivion, which is only a kind of MA surroundings
(except Shivering Isles addon, of course, which isn't very big). When you find
it, you should buy the GOTY Morrowind package, which includes Bloodmoon and
Tribunal.
Which mods do you think of?

bluetree